As more and more people suffer from water retention, only a few know the symptoms of this condition
The human body is mainly made of water. According to the medial world, an adult system contains around 60 per cent water.
As between different tissues there’s a permanent exchange of fluids, if the water supply is insufficient, tissues are no longer able to drain. Therefore, water retention installs.
What are the symptoms of water retention?
• sudden weight-loss
• muscle pain or muscle cramps
• accelerated heart-beat
• congested skin
• heavy breathing
What are the causes?
The are numerous reasons why our body can retain water. The main ones are considered to be as follows: dehydration, improper diets, a sedentary lifestyle, hormonal imbalances, kidney disease, heart insufficiency, liver illness, hormonal imbalances, allergies, certain medications, repeated exposure to high temperatures.
What can you do to prevent or alleviate water retention?
• increase the consumption of fluids, especially during the hot season
• reduce sugar and salt intake
• engage in regular trainings
• avoid stress, alcohol and soft drinks
• visit the sauna from once in a while
• drink diuretic medicinal teas, such as green tea, dandelion, nettle, parsley, corn silk, cherry tails, celery etc.